This course is for instructors/teachers who wish to gain requisite knowledge and skills to teach within the system. In the course, instructors will be provided with basic training relevant to using appropriate strategies and tools to teach online courses using the eCollege platform.
In addition to exploring the theories of online education, the course covers the use of teaching, communication and assessment tools, the tactics of managing online courses, and the techniques of modifying and/or personalizing an existing online course.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theories relevant to online education.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using eCollege platform communication, teaching, and assessment tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of available Help and information resources.
- Demonstrate knowledge of effectively managing online courses.
- Demonstrate proficiency in facilitating and building an online learning community.